Ear headphones are great for listening to music, but do you know what’s better? Listening to your favorite things with cat-themed ear headphones.
Also known as Neko headphones (Neko means Cat in Japanese) or Kitty ear headphones, these are fun, trendy, and reasonably powerful modes of listening to songs/playing games/hearing podcasts with uninterrupted privacy.
The following article rounds up the best of the best in the cat ear headphones market with quick reviews to help you with buying decisions. Take a look and always feel free to let us know what you think! Here we go 🙂
The Top 12 Best Cat Ear Headphones on the Market in 2021:
These first seven ear headphones can be found on Amazon and are even eligible for special Prime discounts and shipping.
1. Razer Kraken Kitty Edition Headphones
Much like its predecessor Kraken Ultimate, the Razer Kraken kitty edition packs a punch as a gaming headset, but just with glowing cat ears as an addition. The cosplay appeal of these Neko beauties is unmissable, with its chic design completed with large circular earcups and gleaming triple-headed razer snake logo. It is comfortable, stylish, functional, and worth the price tag.
The comfort of these headphones will surprise you. Razer never really disappoints you when it comes to quality. The earpads and filled with a gel that will keep your ears cool and prevent you from sweating, you will enjoy them much more in the summer.
It’s one of the most expensive headphones on the list, but when it comes to performance and quality they should be at the top of this list, but we have to keep in mind that budget is also a variable when we’re creating these lists. We highly recommend these if you’re going after premium cat ears headphones.
Take a look:
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- RGB lighting
- Overheating resistant
- Active Noise Cancelling Microphone
- On-Earcup Audio Controls include volume up and down and THX Spatial on/off toggle
- Connects via USB connector
- Black, Quartz Pink, & Green color variants
- Powerful bass sound
- Top-notch microphone
- Simulated surround sound
- Programmable colored lighting
- Active noise cancellation reduces background and ambient noises for crystal-clear communication
- The wired experience with cable limiting movement
- The volume dial on the cable is free-wheeling and is very sensitive to external touch
- Missing 3.5 mm audio jack
You can also get these without a mic
2. Brookstone Limited Edition Ariana Grande Wireless Cat Earphones
If you’re an Ariana Grande fan, now you can listen to your favorite tracks like “thank u, next” and “Imagine” while embodying her cute, cat-like style. But hurry! These have been incredibly popular and are going fast!
Brookstone Ariana Earphones Features: LISTEN IN STYLE – These limited editions Ariana Grande wireless headphones are sure to turn heads wherever you go and make you the envy of all your friends officially ENDORSED BY ARIANA GRANDE – Ariana Grande officially endorses these Brookstone headphones which feature her signature on the left earcupFEATURES – Crystal clear headphone sound, external cat ear speakers, and a built-in microphone for answering calls completely WIRELESS – These headphones are completely hands-free and are compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices.
The design of these headphones is just beautiful, but the sound quality isn’t far behind, it’s actually quite good. You can also use the headphones as speakers to show your friend what you’re listening to or just create a party wherever.
If you’re into gaming you will be glad to hear there’s a mic and you will be able to game with them. The downside they have premium pricing, if that’s not a problem then this is definitely a good choice for funky cat ear headphones.
- 20Hz-–20KHz frequency response and 32 Ohm impedance
- 200Hz–18KHz frequency response and 32mm drivers
- Pairs wirelessly to any Bluetooth enabled device
- Rechargeable USB battery with up to 5 hours of playback per charge
- Personalized debossed Ariana Grande Signature on the left earcup
- High on aesthetic appeal which makes them look like a stunner
- Chrome cat ears that double up as external speakers
- Completely handsfree, and compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices
- 8 color changing accent lights make them quite a steal
- Super comfy earpads and crystal clear sound quality
- Tangle free
- Catches fingerprints on-ear cup material
- No mic for gaming
- Expensive than other powerful headphones
3. Edifier HECATE G2 II Gaming Headset – with cat ears
Sometimes when you play games, talk to friends and listen to music it isn’t about the quality of the sound or how expensive are the headphones, it’s about the feeling, the vibe you get from your headphones and if you’re wearing pink cat ear headphones the vibe is pretty cool and funky. That’s pretty much why a lot of gamers and celebrities choose these types of headphones, like Ariana Grande and Pewdiepie, and many others. Don’t worry you won’t be sacrificing too much, I promise. The Edifier HECATE G2 II Gaming Headset are wired for low latency and are equipped with 50mm audio drivers for stronger and more detailed audio and a virtual 7.1 surround sound system. So you will be able to detect the footsteps of your enemies and where the shooting is coming from and act fast. (well that depends on you, but I trust that you will) They also have various breathing lights(16.8 Million RGB Effects) designed on the earcups that will give you that joyful vibe.
- 16.8 million RGB effects
- Good vibes
- Adjustable/removable microphone
- Adjustable headband
- Removable cat ears
- Long cable
- Sound quality could have been a bit better
4. Censi Moecen Wireless Cat Ear Headphones
These headphones, made by Censi Music, are famed to be the best overall option on the market, complete with excellent sound quality, durability, and a design made for the most comfortable user experience. What’s unique about these headphones is that you can actually take off the cat ears! The natural white and pink color scheme makes them perfect for the modest “catgirl” fashionista. They’re also available in black and red!
Doesn’t matter whether you’re looking for funky headphones for yourself or you’re looking for headphones for your kids these are a great option it offers that fun, funky look, a sound quality that will surprise you.
- Compatible with all devices
- Cat ears are adjustable
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity
- Premium carrying case
- High quality replaceable and removable head accessories
- Ideal for gamers who prefer the rich bass sound and noise cancellation
- You can adjust and remove the cat ears from the headphones
- IPX4 rated headphones which makes them sweat/water resistant
- Up to 10 hours of continuous use on a single charge
- Little pricier than other choices on this list
- The audio cable doesn’t support the mic option
5. TCJJ Cat Ear Headphones – Budget Pick
Lovely pink cat ear headphones that will put you in a joyful mood, just take a look at them, they are so cute.
They are made for kids, but if you’re an adult and you want them we promise we won’t judge and no one else should either, they are awesome also for adults. They are foldable, they can last up to 10-hours and they also have led lights that bright up the ears and the paws on the ears. There’s also a built-in microphone in the left ear. It’s a good pick, but it’s also a budget pick, so you will have to sacrifice a little bit of comfort and sound quality but in return you will get cute headphones that probably will increase your mood and everyone around you.
- 5.0 Bluetooth/Wired
- Built-in Microphone
- Led Lights
- Long battery life
- On-ear controls
- SD card slot
- Battery life lasts up to 10-hours
- Control volume and other features right from headphones
- Wireless and wired option
- The quality of the mic is quite bad
- No noise-cancelation
6. Riwbox CT-7S Cat Ear Bluetooth Headphones
Add fun to your listening time with the Riwbox’s super comfy and lighting-themed cat ear headphones for kids/teens/adults. It adds zing to the headphones with the Red, Blue, Green LED embedded light that blinks and changes color with rhythm. The glowing Riwbox cat cartoon at the side gives an edge to the overall look, making kids proud owners of this cool accessory. These can be your feline companions for school/college/travel/plane time.
- Bluetooth 5.0 technology (ensures crystal clear HD sound experience)
- Wired & Wireless Pairs
- Battery level alerts.
- Volume controls on headphones
- Volume limit of 85dB
- Comfortable headband and earmuffs
- The foldable design and easily adjustable for correct fit
- Comes with a 1-year warranty for parts replacement
- Option to use wired connectivity
- Volume limits for kids
- Might not be durable enough owing to the regular dense plastic used
- Needs extra care with the pastel colors
7. Luckyu Wireless Bluetooth Cat Ear Headphones
For a less expensive, yet stylish listening option, check out these headphones complete with 7 different LED lighting options. Whether during the night or day, you’ll be sure to stand out in whatever color you choose with these options.
If you’re t a fan of Bluetooth and you prefer wireless over wired then these might be a great choice. With the Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity you will be able to connect them to any smartphone, tablet, laptop.
The bass is good, the quality is good the overall experience using them and listening to music is supreme. The overall built quality could have been a bit better, they feel a bit delicate, but you can get used to it you just have to be careful like with everything else.
- Color-changing mode (option of 7 colors LED light)
- Bluetooth V4.2 connectivity
- Volume limit of 85dB
- Adjustable Headband to fit different sized heads
- Excellent sound quality with super bass stereo, suitable for children and adults.
- Makes for a befitting gift option owing to the colorful and attractive design that stands out on any occasion. The go-to choice for Christmas/birthday gift and even for Cosplay parties
- Headphones offer a Microphone as well
- The plastic is of average quality and might break if not used carefully
- The headphones don’t stretch much which makes them a bit inflexible
8. Mindkoo Bluetooth Headphones
Mindkoo has created quite a stir in the headphones market with their affordable range of products that promise decent performance and sound build quality. They are reported to be incredibly comfortable with built-in Bluetooth 5.0 technology, microphones, and volume control. In Wireless Mode, battery play to 70-hr music time/ talking time in a single charge.
Cat ear headphones that will not only light up the whole party but also the room. The LED light feature makes the headphones fun. They have this fun look, these fun lights and the quality of the headphones is great, you can enjoy your favorite music or an old concert on YouTube with your favorite band. They are comfy as hell, the earpads are very soft, your ears will says thanks.
These cat ear headphones have ~50-hours of playtime.
- 7 colors LED lights and 4 different LED settings
- Compatible with all devices
- The headphones can stretch in length that fit the heads of 10-year-old children to adults.
- Foldable design, 105°Swiveling earcups, and portable size suite for daily use and outdoor traveling storage
- 3.5mm audio cable for wired use
- 12-month replacement warranty and 24-hour customer support service.
- Soft earpads and headphone cushion, which ensures long time comfort
- Comes with both wired and wireless connectivity options
- The buttons on the earmuffs are easy to reach
- Easy control of music and call
- Call quality might be a bit spotty
- Buzz sound when nothing is playing
- Average quality plastic and hence needs careful handling
Have a look at:
9. Somic G951s gaming headset with mic
Gamers Alert! If you looking for an immersive gaming experience with strong vibration and 4D feel, then Somic G951s fits the bill. Very lightweight comes in pink, purple, black. Very popular among girls/women as a gaming set. Works great as a gift.
One of the best and certainly one of the most affordable cat ear headphones. They are comfortable, easy to use, the sound quality is on point, ergonomic design it’s a good pick.
You also have the option to remove the cat ears from the headphones. These headphones have everything you need to enjoy good music, enjoy a good game with your friends, or just anything else you enjoy doing with your headphones, and with these you can do it in style.
- LED light on earcup for strong gaming effect
- Detachable silicone cat ears
- 40 mm high-quality speakers provide high, medium, low frequency in detail
- Flexible mic with 360° voice pick up with quick turn on/off mode
- Multiple platform compatibility (Xbox one, Nintendo Switch, PS4, computer, laptop, iPad, iPhone.)
- Pink, black and Purple variations
- The realistic game sounds recreating the game scene that is pitch-perfect
- Lightweight and self-adjusting soft headband over the ears
- Large size earmuffs with outstanding passive noise-reduction bring less interference and more comfort
- Full function controller for convenient operation
- Skin-friendly breathable material that prevents irritation and ideal for long use hours
- Long enough cord for easy plug-ins
- The wired cable might restrict the movement of avid gamers or on-the-go music aficionados who like wireless experience in their listening time.
10. iClever Kids Headphones with LED backlight
iClever kids edition boasts to be one of the most adorable and safe headphone options to buy. It comes with built-in volume-controlled circuitry that ensures the default maximum sound is at 85dB. Parents, pre-school, and kindergarten teachers can safely select this listening kit as a delightful gift for kids of different age groups.
These ones right here are extremely popular with the kids, the pricing is budget if you’re wondering. The colors are cheerful, they are comfortable and they provide the needed sound quality and they make you stand out from the crowd and they make you cute.
- Headphones come with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and work with virtually all smartphones, tablets, such as Apple iPhone, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Lenovo, Kindle Fire, Android phones, tablets, and more.
- Custom designed for children ages 3 and up
- 3 adorable LED settings – steady, blink, and strobe
- Over the ear design
- 8-month replacement warranty, 24-hour Customer-friendly Support Service
- The headphone’s material is something that wins instantly. It is twistable, bendable, stretchable, and made with food-grade child-friendly material
- It has tangle-free cords that are soft to touch
- Universal Compatibility with all devices that support 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Adjustable Headband and soft comfy earpads
- The LED lights remain on and don’t shut automatically
- The wired option might not work for kids who are super active or want the flexibility to move during learning/listening sessions
11. FosPower Kids Headphones with LED Light
Super stylish and sporty, the FosPower headphones are idyllic for active kids who might lack the care for their accessories. They stretch, twist, and turn without the worry of any possible damage. The fun-looking headphones deliver good sound quality and come with an adjustable band to keep them in place even when there is a lot of movement involved during the listening time.
The vibrant colors on these always catch kids’ attention. You can also light them up. The kids love them, we couldn’t find any bad reviews, only the positive ones.
- Dual-tone color options: Teal with Light Purple OR Hot Pink with Purple
- Vibrant LED lights with two different modes, giving kids the option to always keep them on or let it continuously flash with a simple click of a button.
- laced tangle-free strong cable
- Kid-safe volume up to 85 dB
- 30 mm speaker size with 320 impedance
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Attractive design
- Volume limiting feature to protect the eardrum of kids
- Durable and flexible to withstand rough wear and tear
- Padded ear cushions for the comfortable and prolonged listening experience
- Volume and sound quality becomes a little too low which affects clarity to listen to podcasts, music, rhymes, or movies
12. Aresrora Wired/Wireless Bluetooth Kids Headphones
Aresrora headphones are extremely kid-friendly and make listening to music/watching movies/learning videos a pleasurable experience. Kids break things, lose things, or simply get tired of things. Aresrora headphones address this issue with the best combination of comfort, build quality, and fun cat-themed design with 3 LED shining flashing lights. The foldable headband is ideal for chucking in school bags, for storing in hand luggage and for compact storage at home, and even for car and air travel.
- 40 mm – driver size. Supports both wireless and wired modes of listening
- Color variants – Grey, Pink, Blue, Light Blue, Purple
- 5 mm headphones jack, TF card slot, and in-built microphone
- Hands-free call support and radio
- always-on sound-control circuit caps peak volume levels at 105 decibels
- Foldable, lightweight, and adjustable headset:
- Latest Bluetooth V5.0 technology for cord-free listening
- Memory foam ears for comfortable wear even when long hours are involved
- Adjustable and foldable headband suits all head sizes
- Easy to fit into the schoolbags
- Great voice clarity with ambient noise cancellation
- Universal compatibility
- Lights shut off after 5 mins of inactivity
- A little tricky button placement, with the mute button meddling in between
- LED lights are not supported in wired mode and are functional only in wireless mode
Take a look:
13. Kids Headphones with Cat Ears – LIMSON LX-R107
Now, adults, kids, and teenagers can listen to stuff in style with LIMSON LX-R107. These headphones come at a cheap price but without compromising on sound quality and style features, making it a serious contender in the race. The LED lights lend a cool feel to the headphones and can be kept on, off, or blinking with a touch of a button.
The lights on these headphones will not only light up your room but also a smile on your kid’s face. They are comfortable, they are safe, the sound quality is more than decent and the kids absolutely love them and can’t get enough of them. It’s hard not to. All of these cat theme headphones give out this special vibe.
- Headphones come with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and work with virtually all smartphones, tablets, such as computer, iPad, Smartphone, MP3, etc.
- Soft earmuffs can effectively reduce the outside disturbance
- Headphones are designed with rechargeable batteries, charged by USB cable
- One year warranty
- Colour variants – Black & Blue, White & Blue, Black & Pink, White & Pink
- Super affordable with cute design
- Universal plug with good sound quality
- Decent noise cancellation
- Adjustable Headband and noise isolation earmuffs
- Good after-sales service with resolution within 12 hours
- Average build quality with the questionable plastic quality
- Limited LED lighting options
- No volume control for speakers
14. Barsone Cat Ear Wired Kids Headphones
The most budget-friendly option on the list, Barsone headphones like its contemporary iClever Kids, are meticulously designed keeping the children and teens in mind. The features support both indoor and outdoor use. They are fun, stylish, and unique gift option for different occasions.
If you want to make your kid stand out from the crowd these will help. Or yourself. There isn’t any age limit on these. Adults can enjoy cat ear headphones. Pewdiepie does, Ariana Grande does. Why can’t you?
Overall they are great, they bring the performance you would expect from headphones and they will definitely bring up your mood.
- On/Off button on the back of the left earmuff to control LED lights
- Powered by battery and wired connection
- 5 mm audio cable for wide compatibility with devices like Apple iPhone, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Lenovo, Android Phones, Tablets
- Made of environment TPE material, safe and comfortable to wear
- Volume restrictor of 85 decibels
- Color variants – Black & Blue, Black & Pink, Purple & Pink
- 6-months replacement warranty
- Super affordable price
- Foldable headband design makes it easy to carry and store
- Compact and lightweight with cushioned ear pads
- Volume limiting feature protects the ears of little ones
- 24 hour dedicated Email customer support
- Doesn’t support mic
- Not very durable for heavy use
Which are Ariana Grande’s Cat Ear Headphones?
Arian Grande’s Cat Ear Headphones are a popular and limited edition variant of the Brookstone legacy of standard cat ear headphones. This version came out in Mid-November 2016 when the feline fashionista decided to team up with Brookstone to release these exclusive and innovative cat ear headphones.
If you are an Ariana Grande fan or like things endorsed by celebs, then you can give these stylish and fast-selling headphones a serious consideration. They truly capture Ariana’s cute and fun cat-like style which is exclusive and colorful at the same time.
Due to the price we listed these headphones in 4th position. Check them above.
How do we choose the best cat ear headphones?
Yes! It is confusing! With so many great options for cat-themed earphones on the market, one is bound to get overwhelmed and enter the comparison zone. To choose one cat ear headphone over the other, we bring you a quick checklist to keep in mind before you finalize on a particular kitty version.
If you’re really into headphones, then you already know how important sound quality is. However, if you are a novice user, you may benefit from paying extra attention to the quality of sound listed in the product description, which tends to increase with price. Looking for words like “high definition sound,” “balanced sound,” or “strong bass,” is a good place to start.
Noise Cancellation and Isolation
For headphones to be classified as good, they also need to support noise cancellation capabilities. Headphones that are adept at quality noise cancellation will produce a sound that is clear enough to drown out any background sounds that may otherwise be interfering with your listening experience. In addition to this, earpads that are larger and more tightly fitting work well for what is known as “noise isolation,” which effectively blocks unwanted external sounds.
When it comes to cat earphones, there is no need to compromise style for durability, as you’ve just seen in the many cute, sturdy options listed above. The more durable headphones mentioned on this list are the larger, over-the-head headphones.
Added Technology Features
If you are interested in making phone calls with your headphones or listening to music wirelessly, there are definitely options in the cat-themed headphone market. While the prices is higher for added features, most people find that the investment allows for a user experience that is far more convenient and worth the money.
Well, that’s all for today!
We hope this article provided you with the options and information you needed to make the best decision about which cat earphone is right for you. Thanks for reading! Always feel free to let us know what you think of these options or if there’s anything we missed by commenting below! Until next time. 🙂