Is there a fun party on your mind? If yes, then you are reading the correct article.
We have got you covered for a very important department that can make or break your party. You guessed it right. MUSIC. We cannot call it a party unless there is a pumping loud sound that enthralls an entire room of guests. And party speakers are designed to do just that.
Those who are new to this concept, might wonder why this extra investment? Aren’t the regular home speakers good enough to do that? Well, no. Read on to know why.
Why normal home speakers won’t work for parties?
These reasons will convince you why home speakers are not a good idea for your next party.
- You need something loud – Home speakers typically lack the amplifiers or the power required to play blasting music that fills the room and drowns out the chatter of the crowd. So it would take just one party for you to realize that playing music on a home speaker is an absolutely futile effort.
- Subwoofers and Tweeters matter – Your traditional two-channel or surround sound setup speakers won’t be able to withstand the power of people at your party. You need mighty accessories for that. Party speakers come loaded with subwoofers and on most occasions additional tweeters, which deliver punchy bass and crystal clear treble respectively.
- You need the party-proof design – Physical features of home theatre are not meant for parties. For PA speakers the story is different. Be it the grills in the front, mounting holes at the bottom, professional stand for holding speaker, weatherproof rating, or portability, everything is geared to adapt to the party scene.
- It’s just common sense – Apart from the fact that home speakers would look hideous in a party set-up, the sound quality won’t do any justice to the party atmosphere. Plus, with drinks doing the rounds, it might damage your speakers if they are not spillproof. Not to forget the safety of your speakers if someone topples and breaks them.
Save yourself trouble and money by opting for a nice party speaker that prevents your party from being ruined. With the necessary bass and volume offered by this professional PA and party speakers, you are doing yourself and your party guests a big favor.
TOP 10 PICKS of BEST PARTY SPEAKERS
1. BUGANI BLUETOOTH PARTY SPEAKER M83
Reason to Buy – Powerful Bass output housed inside durable rugged design
If you are looking to liven up your get-togethers, camping trips, pool parties, or BBQ feasts with loud and clear sound, Bugani’s Bluetooth M83 affordable speakers won’t disappoint you. It easily connects to your mobile phones, computers, or MP3 player devices. The digital audio processor pumps up the bass and 40 Watts of power delivers surprisingly loud room-filling volume.
This powerhouse packs superb bass but if you think it is not enough, you can even connect 2 speakers together and upgrade to 80W immediately. Being IPX5 rated, it can be your perfect companion for beach, mountain, camping, and any other outdoor fun activities.
- Dimensions – 12.7” × 4.4” × 6.7” inches
- Reliable and fast wireless connection with Bluetooth 5.0 technology
- Two 20W mid-bass external magnetic speakers, two 4W tweeters, and two subwoofer diaphragms.
- Power Source – Battery powered
- Speaker max output power – 40 watts
- IPX5 Water-Resistant
- Rechargeable battery
- Answer calls using the hands-free function
- Has a TF card slot for copying your favorite music to play standalone without any smart device connection
- Superior sound quality
- Works as a power bank – Speakers can be used to charge tablet/ smartphone through USB data cable
- Resistant to splash, rain, gentle spray
- Powerful bass
- Good customer service
- The absence of stronger magnet like neodymium which affects clarity sometimes
- Rubber grip absorbs vibrations and narrows the sound a bit
2. JBL PARTYBOX 300
Reason to Buy – All-rounder in the party speaker category
Infused with signature JBL sound, the PartyBox 300 lets you enjoy an immersive sound experience with your friends and family. The pretty-looking music box has a light mode for every mood – Meter, Pulse, and Party mode. You can conveniently pre-program your party or event by loading your favorite playlist from a USB thumb drive.
The speaker is loud with a staggering 240W output power and works both ways. It can connect wirelessly via TWS (True Wireless Stereo) or wired via RCA output to another RCA input. For those who like to take their party to the stage, you can plug in your mic and guitar to recreate the concert feel.
- Dimensions – 12.2” × 12.5” × 27.1” inches
- Bluetooth connectivity up to 3 devices
- 110 dB sound output with LED lights in the front panel
- 18 hours battery life
- Vivid light effects
- Great sound quality
- Mic and guitar inputs
- Clear lows and highs
- Let’s you charge other USB devices
- Heavier build than its competitors
- Not splashproof
3. ION AUDIO TAILGATER PLUS – 50W Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Reason to Buy – AM/FM Radio and amazing quality of the microphone
The Tailgater Plus is a rugged and rechargeable speaker from Ion Audio that streams your favorite music from any Bluetooth-enabled device and pumps out great sound to fire up any event or party. Thanks to its 2-way speaker system powered by a 50-watt dynamic power amplifier, robust woofer, and wide dispersion tweeter, the sound output is “High Quality” in the real sense.
The special Bass Boost button of this party speaker kicks up the low end, for that extra bass effect. It has a built-in AM/FM radio to suit your music moods when you don’t want to connect other devices. What’s more! It also comes with a high-end microphone with professional-sounding Karaoke to create your own memorable events.
- Dimensions – 13.11” × 12.6” × 8.98” inches
- The wireless rechargeable speaker system
- 50-watt peak power amplifier with Bass Boost button
- Easily control your Bluetooth music with Play/Pause, Next/Previous Track buttons
- Up to 100-ft Bluetooth, range connects with your smartphone or another device
- AM/FM radio has 20 presets (10 AM, 10 FM) with a bright, legible display
- Rugged composite enclosure with convenient one-handed carry handle
- USB charge port for conveniently recharging your smartphone, tablet, and more
- 1/8-inch (3.5mm) aux input for non-Bluetooth devices
- Ultra-long-lasting rechargeable battery provides several days of use
- Easy pair links your NFC-enabled smartphone with a single tap
- High-quality microphone
- Telescoping handle and convenient wheels
- Battery life gives up before the advertised number of hours (50 hours)
- Bass gets muffled at elevated volumes
4. SONY GTK-XB90
Reason to Buy – Club experience at its best courtesy pulsing strobe lights & infinity mirrors
Gear up to bring true energy to your party with Sony’s GTK-XB90 wireless speaker. Featuring EXTRA BASS™2, it enhances the low frequencies of the track and gets everyone grooving. And if you want the dance floor to burn, you can connect up to 10 compatible speakers with a Wireless Party Chain for mesmerizing audio power.
Laced with incredible Infinity Mirror lighting, this wonder speaker takes visual effects and a party atmosphere to the next level. Easy to transport handle and a rechargeable battery lets you hop from one party to other without any stress.
- Dimensions – 5.2” × 10.38” × 5.19” inches
- Bluetooth connection or one-touch NFC
- Rechargeable 16 hours battery life
- Access to different music formats (MP3, WMA, WAV, etc.) with USB plug-in support
- Supports Karaoke with mic plug-in
- Music Equalizer – EDM / HIP-HOP / R&B / POP / ROCK / COUNTRY / JAZZ / SALSA / FLAT
- Extra Bass for a deep, punchy sound
- Infinity mirror lighting
- Run party from dance floor using Sony | Music Centre app
- Compliant with Fiestable plugin to play with lights, EQ and activate DJ control
- Party chain function for more bass
- Not water-resistant so might not be ideal for pool parties
- Karaoke might sound muffled as the mids and highs are not a priority with this speaker
- Average battery life
5. THE NEW SOUNDBOKS (3rd Gen)
Reason to Buy – Massive battery life and the only swappable battery in the party speaker game
Break free from wires, cables, and Wi-Fi with the all New Soundboks party speaker. You can now reimagine your party scenes with its 126 dB amazing sound that is loud enough to fill a room or outdoor venue with thumping bass and crisp treble. The immersive sound can keep you floating for around 40 hours on a single battery charge.
Built for durability, transportability, and connectivity, it can outlast, out move, and outperform any speaker out there. It is one of the biggest and most expensive Bluetooth speakers in the market.
- Dimensions 25.6” × 17” × 13” inches
- Multi-connectivity options – Connect devices via Bluetooth, XLR or ‚ 1/8”AUX input
- 2 × 10” 96dB woofers
- 1 × 1” 104dB compression driver tweeter
- IP65 rated electronics coating
- Fully Wireless – Take it anywhere, set up in seconds
- Has microphone and Instrument inputs
- Soundbox app for custom EQ and precision controls
- Grill color options – Orange, Black and White
- 2-year warranty
- Astoundingly loud
- Durable design – Splashproof, dirt-resistant, built to last
- Swappable grill and batteries
- TeamUp to connect extra speakers
- Pro Panel Configurations for Guitar, DJ mixer, Mic, Active instruments
- Very expensive
- Bluetooth connection snags on some occasions
- Mids and highs might outweigh bass for some songs
6. ACOUSTIC AUDIO BY GOLDWOOD (AA15LBS)
Reason to Buy – Professional audio equipment suitable for any event
If you are longing to be the next self-appointed party DJ, just go ahead and trust Acoustic Audio speaker to get you grooving. The compact speaker is portable, moderately priced, and comes with an inbuilt Bluetooth receiver to stream music directly from tablet/phone/laptop.
The professional-looking sound system comes with all of the equipment and accessories you need for any event. Great for professional musicians, DJs, wedding events, and backyard parties, this deluxe speaker system can be used both indoors and outdoors without much fuss. Incredibly loud sound – Guaranteed!
- Dimensions – 16” x 14” x 27” Inches
- Wired connectivity, RCA, two 1/4 inch mic and 3. 5mm AUX input, mics, echo, line and master volume control, 5 band slide graphic equalizer
- Built-in Bluetooth receiver to stream music from phone
- Built-In FM tuner, USB, or SD player with controls
- Deluxe 15″ woofer and 2″ tweeter, 102dB sound output
- Floor-standing design
- Includes microphone and remote control
- Multi-colored LED woofer flashing light display with ON/OFF switch
- Durable with rugged cabinet
- Loud sound even at lower volumes
- Supports Bluetooth and USB
- Rear wheels and handles for portability
- No stand or side to clip wireless microphone
- Not for users wanting wireless connectivity
- LEDs are effective only at higher volumes
7. QFX PBX 61081 BT/RD
Reason to Buy – Great versatility with multiple connectivity options
If you love party pounding sound, then QFX PBX 61081 fits the bill with its loud sound that can be heard clearly by everyone. No matter what you’re playing, the speaker’s 8″ woofer and amplifier ensure that the party is nothing short of LIT. Plus, it is loaded with features and accessories that you want from a speaker – including mic, USB port, micro SD card, equalizer, AUX, remote control, and onboard FM radio.
The speaker weighs just 12 pounds, has a suitcase design with a retractable handle and caster wheels. This makes it super portable and lightweight to carry around. With this party speaker, QFX offers exceptional performance to value-conscious consumers without compromise.
- Dimensions – 12.4” x 12.4” x 20.9” inches
- Connectivity – Bluetooth, RCA, SD Card, USB, Infrared, Auxiliary
- Includes 8-inch woofer, amplifier, equalizer,
- 2,600 watts of output power
- 5-10 hours of playtime
- Comes with remote control, power cable, and auxiliary cable
- 3 Colour Variants – Silver, Blue, and Red
- Loud and clear sound quality
- Suitcase design with handle and wheels – Easy to move around
- Decent battery life
- Bass has a lower impact
- Not waterproof
- No party lights
8. LG PK7 XBOOM GO BLUETOOTH PARTY SPEAKER
Reason to Buy – Jazzy style with loud sound and refreshing bass
Biggest in the LG’s X-Boom Go line-up, LG PK7 speaker offers high definition sound streaming, thanks to the technology partnership with the renowned experts at Meridian Audio. It combines advanced signal processing and hardware design to widen the sound field with custom clear vocals and enhanced bass.
If you enjoy rich stereo sound, pair two PK speakers wirelessly and have throbbing sound available instantly. The party may end, but the XBOOM Go PK7 keeps going and going. The built-in battery of this fully portable Bluetooth speaker allows it to play for up to 22 hours between charges.
Not to forget the upbeat chic looks, that can grab eyeballs effortlessly.
- Dimensions – 12.5’’ x 6.5’’ x 5.9’’ inches
- Wireless connectivity with easy Bluetooth pairing
- Up to 22 hours playback
- Enhanced bass with LED beat lighting
- Water and weather resistant (iPX5 rated)
- Dual play connection – enjoy stereo sound by wirelessly pairing two PK7 speakers
- Long-lasting battery life
- Powerful sound output
- Booming bass
- Quirky looks might not suit everyone’s taste
- Treble might not be as clear as other speakers
9. PYLE WIRELESS PORTABLE PA SPEAKER SYSTEM PSUFM1280B
Reason to Buy – Disco ball flashy lights and decent sound for a perfect party atmosphere
Pyle’s name resonates with awesome quality woofers and drivers in the audio market. The PA speaker system 1280b is no different. Pump up your party with 12” inch subwoofer speaker tower that is equipped with 700 watts of power. Featuring multi-colored LED flashing DJ party lights, this high-powered active speaker is perfect for karaoke, outdoor parties, stage, and public gatherings.
Play your favorite tracks with impressively loud sounds and add life to any occasion with these Disco Jam speakers. The PA system can make you feel like a true DJ as you control the music streaming with its party-pumping features. Getting the party started with this Pyle Speaker System is just a beat away!
- Dimensions – 13.7’’ x 12.9’’ x 26.3’’ inches
- Bluetooth connectivity – works with all of today’s latest devices
- 4 media inputs: Pyle PA loudspeaker offers micro SD card, MP3 and flash USB connectivity.
- One-button audio recording activation
- Comes with FM Radio and wireless handheld microphone
- Mic Priority Control: Automatic Vocal talk over Music
- 1/4” Microphone / Guitar Input
- Aux (3.5mm) Jack
- Treble Bass Echo Volume Controls
- Ability to record audio and vocals
- Lightweight unit with luggage handle and wheels for portability
- Cool flashy lights for party vibe
- Built-in EQ
- Microphone quality is not up to the mark
- The Bass is flaky. Mids and Highs overshadow the sound range
10. Anker Soundcore Motion Boom Outdoor Speaker
Reason to Buy – Perfect ratio of Price and Performance
Anker Soundcore Motion Boom is a cool alternative to JBL Xtreme at 1/3rd price. Its’ drivers have pure titanium diaphragms to reproduce high frequencies up to 40kHz for the sound that has noticeably higher clarity. You can liven up your party with a huge stereo sound that’s distortion-free, even at high volumes.
With its proprietary BassUp Technology, the speaker analyses and intensifies low frequencies in real-time for that bass to hit harder. IPX7 Waterproof rating and 24 hours of playtime on a single charge are a couple of other useful selling points to buy Motion Boom to get your party started. Say hello to great times by the beach, pool, boat trips, and more!
- Dimensions – 13.62” x 5.83” x 7.87” inches
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology for skip-free and ultra-stable connection
- Superior Sound with Dual Graphene Drivers
- IPX7 Waterproof rating
- 10,000mAh battery to power up to 24 hours of playtime
- Wireless Stereo Pairing for take 2 Motion Boom speaker
- Allows to charge other devices while you listen on speaker
- Portable and lightweight
- Customizable EQ via the Soundcore App
- Good Bass in the outdoor setup
- Affordable party speaker option
- No AUX port
- Hard plastic contributes to its average looks
- Treble bit disappointing
Picking the best party speakers: FAQs and Buying Guide
What to consider before buying a party speaker?
If you are on the lookout to buy good quality party speakers, pay attention to these factors:
- Sound Quality – While larger speakers supposedly produce better sound, with advances in technology, high quality sound can also be linked with smaller speakers. The mids and highs should be heard clearly at higher volumes without any screeching distortion.
- Size of the Woofer – Larger the size of the woofer/subwoofer, better the sound quality of the speaker, especially bass which is the life of any party.
- Portability – Party speakers should be easy to move, mount and manage. Bluetooth compatibility, weight and design of the speaker contributes to portability. Check for handle and wheels for easy transport of speaker.
- Battery Life – If the party speakers are not wired ones, consider batteries that are rechargeable and last for at least 10-12 hours between 2 charges and at max volume. The lights on the speaker also consume power. Take this fact into consideration when buying a party speaker with lights.
- Accessories – Different speaker accessories like LED lights, mic, remote control, speaker stand, telescopic handle, wheels, etc. add a different edge and convenience for your party. Choose a speaker basis what you need in terms of these add on accessories.
- Other considerations – Your budget at hand and number of people that usually attend your gigs can influence your final shortlist of party speakers. Plus, if you party outdoors, make sure you get one that spells “weather-proof” or “Water-resistant”.
What is better for party speakers – Wired or Wireless?
It depends on your preference and needs. If you are looking for beastly audio performance and do mostly indoor home parties, then wired speakers can be your go-to option. There is also no worry about battery life and audio disruption.
However, if you are more of an outdoor party animal, with backyards/ beaches/ camping sites as your favorite spots for enjoying music, then wireless portability matters more. The Bluetooth connectivity offers convenience and access to different music libraries.
How many power watts are required for a party speaker?
Watt is the unit of Power. A speakers’ ability to handle power determines its loudness. For indoor gigs, anything between 40W to 120W can suffice to get everyone going. For outdoor settings, if the power is between 120W to 600W, it is considered party efficient.
P.S. While “more watts” does mean “more loud”, it’s not just about the wattage. What matters actually is the built-in amplifier’s power or rating as it contributes considerably to the loudness equation.
Can the party speakers get damaged by playing them too loud?
The brief answer is Yes.
When you crank up the volume, it sounds loud instead of sounding right. If you push your speaker kit too hard, power outage might occur affecting your subwoofers and tweeters. This in turn melts the driver coil, giving distorted higher frequencies.
Look for first sign of distortion in sound, which is an easy giveaway that your speaker system has crossed its “safety limit”.
How can I ensure if I have bought good party speakers?
The easiest way to test speakers is to play music at a lower volume. Sound quality, clarity, and tonality is more audible at quieter volume levels. If you hear weak output or distortion, it is a distinct indicator that you have been short-changed. Consider replacing or getting a refund in such a case.
Let’s admit! Music differentiates a great party from an average one. If you love to throw parties and want to make them memorable for your friends/family, then investing in a good party speaker is non-negotiable.
We hope our list of best party speakers and the accompanying buying guide would pull some weight in making your choice faster and better.
Which party speaker in your experience is equipped to get the party tripping?
Did we miss listing your favourite party speaker?
Please share your comments below.